Sabotin Peace Park, Museum
Sabotin boasts an exceptional mix of natural and historical sights, which makes it one of the most important trip destinations in the Goriška region. It can be reached via paths from six directions, and is popular with hikers and cyclists alike. Due to its one-of-a-kind natural features, Sabotin is part of the Natura 2000 network. The Sabotin Peace Park is a place that offers visitors relaxation in nature, while also encouraging them to reflect on the futility of wars and violence with its many WWI trenches and caverns criss-crossing its sides. The caverns near the former Yugoslav guardhouse on Sabotin have been cleaned and are open for visitors. Information about the features and history of Sabotin is available at the information point inside the guardhouse, which also houses a museum collection dedicated to World War I, the Isonzo Front and the Slovenian War of Independence.
- Entrance fee: EUR 5
- A free guided tour
- Tasting: after the sightseeing (wine), Okrepčevalnica Sabotin bistro
- Visitors with a travel loyalty card are entitled to a 20% discount on the entrance fee.
Opening hours to see the sights with a Travel Loyalty Card
- FRI: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 16 p.m.
- SAT: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 16 p.m.
- SUN: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.